About the Hicks Foundation
We work to educate and link women and men with affordable health services to prevent the spread of HPV using vaccines, detect HPV in before it leads to cancer, and catch cancer early. Allison Hicks was diagnosed with advanced cervical cancer at the age of 29. Within days of the diagnosis she underwent radical surgery. Allison saw this experience as a call to action. Within months of completing chemotherapy and radiation treatment she started the Hicks Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eradicating cervical cancer in Vermont.
Check out Forbes Magazine’s review of “Someone you Love: The HPV Epidemic” HERE
Click HERE for more info on upcoming events
- Friday Aug 15- 11;30 am SPEAKING ACS-CAN “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” fundraising event
- September 18, HPV Party- The Hicks Foundation is having an educational HPV party in Danville, Vermont to raise awareness about HPV and the cancers it causes
- Sept. 27-30 I head to Washington DC with ACS-CAN
- Friday, Oct 2 – The Hicks Foundation will be hosting a “Coffee Chat” for the the Women’s Health & Breast Cancer Conference.
- Tuesday, Oct 13 6pm – Screening of “Someone you love”: The HPV Epidemic